Fox News, Giuliani, Sidney Powell Face Billions In Damages From Defamation Lawsuits

by | 3 months ago | Top Stories | 0 comments

According to Forbes, Fox News, Rudy Giuliani, and Sidney Powell are facing billion-dollar defamation lawsuits after spreading false allegations about election technology companies Dominion Voting Systems and Smartmatic after the November election.

Dominion Voting Systems sent letters this week to Facebook, Twitter, Youtube and Parler asking them to preserve posts from right-wing figures who have spread false allegations about the company’s voting machines, following previous defamation lawsuits filed by them and competitor Smartmatic against Fox News and attorneys Sidney Powell and Rudy Giuliani. Here’s who could be facing legal action next for spreading the election fraud claims:

MyPillow CEO Mike Lindell is expected to be a primary target: Dominion has sent the businessman two letters warning of potential litigation and the company’s attorney Tom Clare told reporters on a recent press call that Dominion would likely be looking at him in their next round of litigation.

Clare told reporters Dominion will likely be naming media companies and personalities as future defendants, and the company has sent letters to conservative news outlets Newsmax, One America News, Fox News and the Epoch Times, along with media personalities Sean Hannity, Rush Limbaugh, Maria Bartiromo and Newsmax’s Greg Kelly.

Meanwhile, Smartmatic said it is “continuing to analyze” legal claims against conservative outlets OAN and Newsmax as well, after the company previously sent letters to both warning of potential legal action.

Forbes offered background on the lawsuits and claims that led to them:

Dominion and Smartmatic’s voting machines are at the center of a right-wing conspiracy theory that alleges the machines fraudulently flipped votes to President Joe Biden in the November election. There is no evidence supporting the conspiracy theory, and multiple lawsuits that made allegations about the voting machines have failed in court due to a lack of evidence. 

Dominion filed two $1.3 billion lawsuits in January against Powell—who is primarily responsible for the conspiracy theory—and Giuliani for the damage the conspiracy theory has caused the company and its employees. Smartmatic then followed suit Thursday with its own $2.7 billion defamation lawsuit against Powell, Giuliani, Fox News and anchors Dobbs, Bartiromo and Pirro.

Read the full report.

Image credit: Screengrabs / YouTube

Share with:


0 Comments

Submit a Comment